Re: [patch V2 30/67] powerpc/numa: Convert to hotplug state machine

From: Anton Blanchard
Date: Thu Jul 14 2016 - 20:28:53 EST

Hi Anna-Maria,

> >> Install the callbacks via the state machine and let the core invoke
> >> the callbacks on the already online CPUs.
> >
> > This is causing an oops on ppc64le QEMU, looks like a NULL
> > pointer:
>
> Did you tested it against tip WIP.hotplug?

I noticed tip started failing in my CI environment which tests on QEMU.
The failure bisected to commit 425209e0abaf2c6e3a90ce4fedb935c10652bf80

It reproduces running ppc64le QEMU on a x86-64 box. On Ubuntu:

sudo apt-get install qemu-system-ppc gcc-powerpc64le-linux-gnu

make ARCH=powerpc pseries_le_defconfig

make ARCH=powerpc CROSS_COMPILE=powerpc64le-linux-gnu- vmlinux -j4

qemu-system-ppc64 -nographic -vga none -kernel vmlinux

Anton