Re: "coupled" regulator support

From: Mark Brown
Date: Fri Jul 15 2016 - 08:50:54 EST

On Fri, Jul 15, 2016 at 08:01:13PM +0800, Jisheng Zhang wrote:

> regR can only be set to v1 if devA and devB all call for set voltage to v1
> regR can set to v2 if devA or devB call for set voltage to v2

> To support this situation, I'd like to add flag to regulator structure and
> patch regulator_check_consumers() to check whether we are safe to set the vol

Surely this is just what normal set voltage calls do? If devA says
set_voltage(v1, v2) but devB still has set_voltage(v2, v2) then we will
leave the voltage at v2, we'll only allow it to be set to v1 if both
consumers agree that this is a valid voltage. It feels like there's
something else going on here that I'm missing?