Re: How to set Current register in IIO driver from sysfs

From: Jonathan Cameron
Date: Wed Jul 20 2016 - 17:42:00 EST

On 11/07/16 10:10, Pratik Prajapati wrote:
> Hi Jonathan,
>
> Thanks for the answers.
> One more question:
> What are volatile registers?
Volatile registers can change without software interaction.
Things like interrupt status registers, or the output register for
an ADC. Hence they can't be cached.

Writable simply means that their value can be effected by a software
write (not necessarily all of it).

So it's perfectly possible to be both writeable and volatile.

Often what you read from a register has very little resemblance to what
you wrote to it!

Jonathan