[PATCH v9 0/4] Add a new Rockchip usb2 phy driver
From: Frank Wang
Date: Fri Jul 22 2016 - 03:01:39 EST
The newer SoCs (rk3366, rk3399) of Rock-chip take a different usb-phy
IP block than rk3288 and before, and most of phy-related registers are
also different from the past, so a new phy driver is required necessarily.
These series patch add phy-rockchip-inno-usb2.c and the corresponding
Changes in v9:
- Move the usb gpio config from dtsi to dts.
- Add vin-supply (vcc5v0_sys) for vcc5v0_host.
- Change some properties' name.
Changes in v8:
- Added support for rk3399 SoC.
- Prepare input clock of phy at probe time.
- Improved sm_work function to handle phy-port state more clearly.
Changes in v7:
- Renamed functions *usb2phy_resume/*usb2phy_suspend to *usb2phy_power_on/usb2phy_power_off.
Changes in v6:
- Changed '_' to '-' for otg-id and otg-bvalid property in devicetree bindings.
- Fixed the output clock would be disabled more than once while phy-port was going to suspend.
- Improved the driver to avoid the currently empty otg-port would cause null-pointer dereferences.
Changes in v5:
- Added 'reg' property both in devicetree bindings and driver to match the different phy-blocks.
Changes in v4:
- Used 'phy-supply' instead of 'vbus_*-supply'.
Changes in v3:
- Supplemented some hardware-description into the devicetree bindings.
- Resolved the mapping defect between fixed value in driver and the property
- Code cleanup.
Changes in v2:
- Specified more hardware-description into the devicetree bindings.
- Optimized some process of driver.
Frank Wang (4):
Documentation: bindings: add DT documentation for Rockchip USB2PHY
phy: rockchip-inno-usb2: add a new driver for Rockchip usb2phy
arm64: dts: rockchip: add usb2-phy support for rk3399
arm64: dts: rockchip: configure usb2-phy support for rk3399-evb
.../bindings/phy/phy-rockchip-inno-usb2.txt | 64 ++
arch/arm64/boot/dts/rockchip/rk3399-evb.dts | 44 ++
arch/arm64/boot/dts/rockchip/rk3399.dtsi | 42 +-
drivers/phy/Kconfig | 7 +
drivers/phy/Makefile | 1 +
drivers/phy/phy-rockchip-inno-usb2.c | 707 ++++++++++++++++++++
6 files changed, 864 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)
create mode 100644 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/phy/phy-rockchip-inno-usb2.txt
create mode 100644 drivers/phy/phy-rockchip-inno-usb2.c