RE: [RFC] regulator: da9052/53: da9052-i2c.txt binding document changes

From: Steve Twiss
Date: Mon Jul 25 2016 - 07:31:56 EST

On 22 July 2016 11:36, Steve Twiss wrote:

> The binding file for DA9052/53 exists in the kernel and was originally
> submitted by Ying-Chun Liu from Linaro way back in 2012.
[...]
> > git show 58d114b
[...]
> regulator names are added to the binding document but not used in the driver,
> also they are named incorrectly compared to the datasheets and Linux driver,
> and are misleading and confusing.
>
> +Sub-nodes:
> +- regulators : Contain the regulator nodes. The DA9052/53 regulators are
> + bound using their names as listed below:
> +
> + buck0 : regulator BUCK0
> + buck1 : regulator BUCK1
> + buck2 : regulator BUCK2
> + buck3 : regulator BUCK3
> + ldo4 : regulator LDO4
> + ldo5 : regulator LDO5
> + ldo6 : regulator LDO6
> + ldo7 : regulator LDO7
> + ldo8 : regulator LDO8
> + ldo9 : regulator LDO9
> + ldo10 : regulator LDO10
> + ldo11 : regulator LDO11
> + ldo12 : regulator LDO12
> + ldo13 : regulator LDO13

Never mind, I guess this is solved now.

There are already several device tree files using a naming scheme different to that found
in the binding text document. Since those have been used for real already, I will just follow
those existing DT file naming conventions instead.

./arch/arm/boot/dts/imx53-voipac-dmm-668.dtsi
./arch/arm/boot/dts/imx53-qsb.dts

Those board files files use the naming convention:
{ buck1, buck2, buck3, buck4 }
{ ldo1, ldo2, ldo3, ldo4, ldo5, ldo6, ldo7, ldo8, ldo9, ldo10 }

So, instead of the naming convention used in the existing binding text file (listed above)
I will send a patch to update that file to use with the existing usage already found in the
kernel board files.

Regards,
Steve