Re: [RFC v0 3/8] firmware: Factor out firmware load helpers

From: Daniel Wagner
Date: Fri Jul 29 2016 - 02:07:48 EST

It's somewhat odd to me that the structure is "firmware_stat" but most
of the functions are "fw_loading_*". That seems inconsistent for a
structure that is (currently) only used by these functions.

I agree, my proposal is odd.

I would personally do either:

a) "struct fw_load_status" and "fw_load_*()"

or

b) "struct firmware_load_stat" and "firmware_load_*()"

I'd also change the function names from "loading" -> "load", similar to
how userland has read(2), not reading(2).

a) sounds good to me, because fw_load_ should be long enough prefix.

cheers,
daniel