[Regression] "irqdomain: Don't set type when mapping an IRQ" breaks nexus7 gpio buttons

From: John Stultz
Date: Sat Jul 30 2016 - 00:39:19 EST

Hey Jon,
So after rebasing my nexus7 patch stack onto pre-4.8-rc1 tree, I
noticed the power/volume buttons stopped working.

I did a manual rebased bisection and chased it down to your commit
1e2a7d78499e ("irqdomain: Don't set type when mapping an IRQ").

Reverting that patch makes things work again, so I wanted to see if
there was any debugging info I could provide to try to help narrow
down the problem here. (Sorry, I'd tinker myself with it some and try
to debug the issue, but after burning my friday night on this, I'm
eager to get away from the keyboard for the weekend).

thanks
-john