Re: [GIT PULL] platform-drivers-x86 for 4.8-2

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Sat Aug 06 2016 - 17:35:04 EST

On Fri, Aug 5, 2016 at 6:51 PM, Darren Hart <dvhart@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Minor platform specific event handling updates and a Kconfig cleanup.

No. You already sent a *different* copy of all of these except for the
dell-wmi one in a previous pull requests.

This pull request gets me four new commits, but three of them I
already had. From you.

See for example your new commit

2dd73625dedc platform/x86: Drop duplicate dependencies on X86

vs

25789f95a883 platform/x86: Drop duplicate dependencies on X86

which are identical patches, just different dates.

Why should I pull a branch that is this confused?

It's not like I got those patches from somebody else, and there was
just a mis-communication about who should apply them. They were both
from *you*. That old commit came in in 4.7-rc4, so it's not even all
that recent.

Linus