Re: mfd: dm355evm_msp: Refactoring for add_child()

From: Lee Jones
Date: Mon Aug 08 2016 - 05:10:37 EST

On Fri, 05 Aug 2016, SF Markus Elfring wrote:

> > I'm unsure if you're not re-submitting because you're waiting for an
> > answer for me or not.
>
> I found your five commits (on 2016-06-29) for this patch series
> sufficient in principle.
> https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/next/linux-next.git/commit/?id=d313cdde71ec9a5c327a515c37a0dca2cca00de5
>

> > If you are, here it is. And, don't do that. :)
>
> I find this feedback a bit strange.
>

> > Please submit your patch-set *not* connected to this, now very
> > tangled web of submissions, complete with all the Acks you've
> > accrued.
>
> I would find it nice if another one of my update suggestions
> could be integrated after a bit of feedback evolved for a special
> source code search pattern.
>
> https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/9199519/
> https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/9208925/
> https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/9210291/
>
> It seems to be harder to achieve acceptance similar to the others.

I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to say.

Please rebase all of your unaccepted patches on v4.8-rc1. Apply any
Acks that you've collected along the way and re-submit the set.

Please ensure, when you re-submit, you do so using `git format-patch`
and `git send-email`. Also ensure you do not send them attached to
any other patch that you've previously sent.

--
Lee Jones
Linaro STMicroelectronics Landing Team Lead