Re: [Patch v3 03/11] driver/edac/mpc85xx_edac: Drop setting/clearing RFXE bit in HID1

From: york sun
Date: Tue Aug 09 2016 - 06:39:18 EST

On 08/08/2016 10:01 PM, Borislav Petkov wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 09, 2016 at 04:31:19AM +0000, york sun wrote:
>> Yes, for most SoCs RFXE remains cleared. Uncorrectable errors are
>> handled by EDAC.
>
> And how is mpc85_xxx EDAC handling them?
>
> mpc85xx_mc_check() only reports them.

Correct. It can only report this kind of error. It is not correctable.
Nothing more can be done.

> And now to get to my original question: is it *enough* to report
> uncorrectable errors on those platforms or do they need more
> sophisticated error handling in order to disable data corruption?

It is uncorrectable. DDR controller can only report the error. I don't
believe EDAC driver can do more. For the same reason I said we can leave
RXFE as is, even for e500v1 case (with RIO or PCI is enabled). Nothing
can be done with uncorrectable error.

York