Re: Wrong "nollp" DW DMAC parameter value on ARC SDP.

From: Andy Shevchenko
Date: Fri Aug 12 2016 - 06:59:53 EST

On Fri, 2016-08-12 at 08:03 +0000, Eugeniy Paltsev wrote:
> Hi,
>
> "nollp" parameter defines if DW DMAC channel supports multi block
> transfer or not.
>
> It is calculated in runtime, but differently depending on on
> availability of pdata. If pdata is absent "nollp" is calculated using
> autoconfig hardware registers. Otherwise "nollp" is calculated using
> the next code construction:
> channel_writel(dwc, LLP, DWC_LLP_LOC(0xffffffff));
> dwc->nollp = DWC_LLP_LOC(channel_readl(dwc, LLP)) == 0;
> channel_writel(dwc, LLP, 0);
>
> I realized that these methods give different results.
> For example on ARC AXS101 SDP in case of using autoconfig "nollp" was
> calculated as "true" (and DMAC works fine),Â
> otherwise "nollp" was calculated as "false" (and DMAC doesn't work).

Can you show out what the value you read back?

> So I'm wondering how the code in question really works?
> From DW AHB DMAC databook I wasn't able to find anything relevant to
> this tricky implementation. Could you please clarify a little but what
> happens here?

"Table 4-1:
Hardcode Channel x LLP register to 0?
register to 0 (LLPx.LOC == 0), ..."

> Maybe we should add "nollp" field in pdata structure and receive it
> from pdata/device tree (like we use "is_private" or "is_memcpu"
> fields)

Yeah, perhaps we can remove that trick since we need this flag to be set
on Intel Quark which might have the same issue as your case [1].

[1]Âhttp://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-serial/msg22948.html

--
Andy Shevchenko <andriy.shevchenko@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Intel Finland Oy