Re: ath9k: Fix beacon configuration assertion failure

From: Benjamin Berg
Date: Mon Aug 22 2016 - 04:40:47 EST

On Fr, 2016-08-19 at 13:03 +0300, Kalle Valo wrote:
> Actually, I see two patches which might be related but not identical:
>
> ath9k: fix client mode beacon configuration
> https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/9247699/
>
> ath9k: Fix beacon configuration assertion failure
> https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/9281191/
>
> Felix (CCed) & Benjamin: please take a look and advice which one I
> should take.

Yes, both patches are designed to fix the same issue in my patch.

Felix solution looks entirely correct to me, the second solution seems
slightly wrong because it prevents the call to ath9k_beacon_config from
happening instead of ensuring the correct parameter value.
ath9k_beacon_config needs to be called even if iter_data.beaconsÂis
false as it disables the interrupts.

Benjamin