Re: perf: fuzzer crashes immediately on AMD system

From: Vince Weaver
Date: Mon Aug 22 2016 - 22:54:39 EST

> amd_uncore_find_online_sibling()
> function is broken.

and that's the problem. uncore_find_online_sibling() does all kinds of
wrong things including sticking active uncore structures in
uncore->free_when_cpu_online

Then uncore_online() comes along and frees those structures.

Then some other part of the kernel comes and re-uses the free'd data.

Then when we try to start an event, all of the fields are invalid because
the uncore pointer is pointing to re-used data.

I don't have a patch because I am not 100% clear on what
uncore_find_online_sibling() is doing in the first place.

Vince