Re: Software evolution around scripts for the semantic patch langugae

From: Cornelia Huck
Date: Thu Aug 25 2016 - 13:41:01 EST

On Thu, 25 Aug 2016 19:34:29 +0200
SF Markus Elfring <elfring@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >> This issue was detected also by using the Coccinelle software.
> >
> > Do you have the scripts you use published somewhere?
>
> I would like to add another view for the corresponding software development.
>
> The complete answer depends also on the kind of "scripts"
> you are looking for. Would you like to clarify any details
> a bit more here?

You obviously run some kind of semantic patching. It would really help
ease review if you could publish the semantic patches that generate
your patches - that is probably more helpful in review than just
posting the generated patches.

And it does not need to be "complete", I'd think everyone on the cc:
list here is able to handle a cocchinelle patch, for example.