Re: MAINTAINERS without commits in the last 3 years

From: Florian Fainelli
Date: Fri Aug 26 2016 - 14:01:32 EST

On 08/24/2016 04:33 PM, Joe Perches wrote:
> Many email addresses in MAINTAINERS no longer work so many
> sections in
> MAINTAINERS could likely be considered either
> obsolete or unmaintained.
>
> Marking these sections appropriately or simply removing the
> sections would make MAINTAINERS and get_maintainer.pl more
> useful.
>
> These M: entries in MAINTAINERS haven't authored or had any
> <foo>-by: signature entries in git log for the last 3 years.
>
> Some of these, like stable@xxxxxxxxxx and trivial@xxxxxxxxxx, are
> obviously addresses that should not be deleted from MAINTAINERS,
> but most of them are candidates for removal or update.
>
> The email addresses below are also bcc'd here to see what bounces.
> The list of the bounces will be collected.
>
> Thoughts?

For:

> bcm-kernel-feedback-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx

This mailing-list was recently added under the M: entry with commit
086f470481f5305ac52ce960e31a7d4441886e59 ("MAINTAINERS: Change L to M
for Broadcom ARM/ARM64 SoC entries") (was L: before) since no external
(to Broadcom) subscribers are allowed.

Should we add a new tag for that kind of entry?
--
Florian