Re: [RFC v2 09/10] landlock: Handle cgroups (performance)

From: Andy Lutomirski
Date: Tue Aug 30 2016 - 16:24:14 EST

On Tue, Aug 30, 2016 at 1:20 PM, MickaÃl SalaÃn <mic@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 30/08/2016 20:55, Andy Lutomirski wrote:

>>> A nice thing I didn't highlight about Landlock is that a process can
>>> prepare a layer of rules (arraymap of handles + Landlock programs) and
>>> pass the file descriptors of the Landlock programs to another process.
>>> This process could then apply this programs to get sandboxed. However,
>>> for now, because a Landlock program is only triggered by a seccomp
>>> filter (which do not follow the Landlock programs as a FD), they will be
>>> useless.
>>>
>>> The FD referring to an arraymap of handles can also be used to update a
>>> map and change the behavior of a Landlock program. A master process can
>>> then add or remove restrictions to another process hierarchy on the fly.
>>
>> Maybe this could be extended a little bit. The fd could hold the
>> seccomp filter *and* the LSM hook filters. FMODE_EXECUTE could give
>> the ability to install it and FMODE_WRITE could give the ability to
>> modify it.
>>

> This is interesting! It should be possible to append the seccomp stack
> of a source process to the seccomp stack of the target process when a
> Landlock program is passed and then activated through seccomp(2).
>
> For the FMODE_EXECUTE/FMODE_WRITE, are you suggesting to manage
> permission of the eBPF program FD in a specific way?

This wouldn't be an eBPF program FD -- it would be an FD encapsulating
an entire configuration including seccomp BPF program, whatever
landlock stuff is associated, and eventual seccomp monitor
configuration (once I write that code), etc.

You wouldn't say "attach this process's seccomp stack to me" -- you'd
say "attach this seccomp layer to me".

A decision that we'd have to make would be whether the FD links to the
parent layer or whether it can be attached without regard to what the
parent layer is.

--Andy