Re: A potential bug in drivers/net/ethernet/synopsys/dwc_eth_qos.ko

From: Lars Persson
Date: Mon Sep 05 2016 - 07:46:16 EST

Hi Pavel,

Thanks for the notification. I agree that we should register the device after all initialization has completed. A patch will be sent shortly.

BR,
Lars

On 09/05/2016 10:26 AM, Pavel Andrianov wrote:
Hi!

There is a potential bug in
drivers/net/ethernet/synopsys/dwc_eth_qos.ko. In dwceqos_probe there is
a registration of net device (line 2879). After that initialization of
common resources is continued (lines 2918, 2924, 2941), but at the
moment handlers from net device may be already executed.

Should the registration of net device be at the end of dwceqos_probe?