Re: blk-mq: allow passing in an external queue mapping V3

From: Jens Axboe
Date: Thu Sep 15 2016 - 10:35:28 EST

Thanks for all the testing and the review Keith, as well as the
fixes earlier.

Jens, what do you think of the series?

Thomas has added the first 5 patches to

https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/tip/tip.git/log/?h=irq/for-block

so it would be great if we could pull that into a block branch and
get the rest into the block tree sooner or later.

I was going to ask about splitting it, but that looks fine, I can pull
that in.

The series looks fine to me. My only real concern is giving drivers the
flexibility to define mappings, I don't want that to evolve into drivers
(again) doing stupid things wrt mappings. As long as we keep it strictly
as a tunnel for passing mappings defined by the (previous blk-mq) core
code, then that's fine.

--
Jens Axboe