Re: lockdep: incorrect deadlock warning with two GPIO expanders

From: Bartosz Golaszewski
Date: Fri Sep 16 2016 - 07:14:59 EST

> On Thu, Sep 15, 2016 at 03:39:22PM +0200, Peter Zijlstra wrote:
>
>> In any case, if this fails, we can always punt and simply count the
>> total number of instances of this driver on the system and go with that.
>
> One caveat with that approach is that if this is s module, someone doing
> rmmod, insmod a number of times gets tricky.

The whole thing is a bit more complicated - I'm trying to figure out
the code behind it, but the first expander has four parents whose
driver == pca953x, while the second has five of them. There is no
device name, but kobj->name corresponds with the i2c device
sub-directories on correct addresses and busses (1-0021 for the first
one and 4-0020 for the second on my board).

With both devices having pca953x parents I still can't tell one from
another. Still working on it.

Thanks,
Bartosz Golaszewski