Re: [BUG] perf report --pid not reporting correctly

From: Andi Kleen
Date: Thu Sep 22 2016 - 10:57:32 EST

> If not, I suggest to use --hierarchy mode with including the sort key
> as the first one. In this case. It'll still show absolute
> percentages of global total period, but you can see the desired result
> easily IMHO. Please try something like this:
>
> $ perf report --hierarchy -s pid,cpu

It would be nice if there was a way from scripts with a command line option
to ask hierarchy mode to only show a subset of the tree (e.g. with some
kind of pattern)

Then options like --pid could be obsoleted, but it would be far more
flexible and scale for all the sort keys which are supported, without
adding a lot of new command line options.

-Andi