Re: GPU-DRM-QXL: Move three assignments in qxl_device_init()

From: SF Markus Elfring
Date: Fri Sep 23 2016 - 04:35:07 EST

>> Would you like to discuss the statistics for my failure (or success) rate
>> a bit more so that involved issues can be clarified in a constructive way?
>
> It should be that you target 20 bug fixes for each new regression
> that you add.

How do you think about to clarify any concrete "regression" a bit more?

> There is no hope for improving the kernel

I have got an other impression. - I am trying to help also for this goal.

> because you are not even trying to fix 20 bugs,

Under which circumstances would you dare to acknowledge once more
that I improved anything for which you care about?

> only introducing them.

It's a pity that you interpret some of my contributions in this way.

> Once you fix 20 bugs, then you will be even and you can start sending
> cleanups again. This is fair.

How much will the suggested software refactorings influence the kind of
error counter that you prefer so far?

Regards,
Markus