Re: Input-gameport: Add the macro "pr_fmt" for module "joydump"

From: SF Markus Elfring
Date: Sat Sep 24 2016 - 13:45:31 EST

>> I find that it is a preparation. - If this addition could not be accepted,
>> the following update step would also be discussed under an other perspective,
>> wouldn't it?
>
> It's purposeless, creates unnecessary patches to review
> and generally wastes other people's time.

I have got an other opinion about this.

> Please don't purposefully waste other people's time.

I do not want to "waste" your time. - But I can imagine that I stress your
software development attention to some degree as I am publishing a significant
number of update suggestions according to a bit of static source code analysis.

> It makes your patch proposals _less_ likely to be applied.

The acceptance varies as usual.

I see also another option.

* Can the first three update steps from this small patch series be integrated
while the fourth needs further adjustments (where I went a bit too far)?

* Do you prefer to squash the last two update steps together?

Regards,
Markus