Re: iio: Adjust checks for null pointers in six functions

From: SF Markus Elfring
Date: Sun Sep 25 2016 - 13:46:13 EST

> Also, I'm afraid I don't care enough to put the time in for this one.

It's a pity.

>> Does the tool "Git" let you also apply this update step before
>> the other suggestions?
> It rarely copes with this sort of reordering as it doesn't have
> the semantic knowledge of what matters in the other patches.

I assume that the involved software developers got a specific impression
about the discussed patch series for this software module so that a few
relevant dependencies became clearer eventually.

I proposed some update steps where I chose a specific patch granularity
once more. So I imagine that a bit of variation in the patch order
could be supported already.

Will it be possible to apply also this one a bit later just because
the patch hunk contexts might be still valid in the (near) future?

Regards,
Markus