Re: md/raid1: Improve another size determination in setup_conf()

From: Jiri Kosina
Date: Fri Oct 07 2016 - 11:38:13 EST

On Fri, 7 Oct 2016, SF Markus Elfring wrote:

> > but patches that just fix coding style are a bad thing
>
> When you find such a change opportunity so "bad", are there any
> circumstances left over where you would dare to touch the corresponding
> source code line.

If you actually rewrite the code or fix some real bug there.

> > because they break things like `git blame`
>
> I follow your concern to some degree.
>
> But can this argument evolve against a lot of changes generally?

If I have to reiterate git blame multiple times just because of whitespace
or codingstyle changes, it's a pure waste of my time.

If I have to reiterate git blame multiple times to skip actual real
changes, I have no other option than to live with that (because there was
an actual functional reason for the change).

--
Jiri Kosina
SUSE Labs