Re: ppc64 qemu test failure since commit f9aa67142 ("powerpc/64s: Consolidate Alignment 0x600 interrupt")

From: Nicholas Piggin
Date: Mon Oct 10 2016 - 01:50:03 EST

On Sun, 9 Oct 2016 08:21:21 -0700
Guenter Roeck <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Nicholas,
>
> some of my qemu tests for ppc64 started failing on mainline (and -next).
> You can find a test log at
> http://kerneltests.org/builders/qemu-ppc64-master/builds/580/steps/qemubuildcommand/logs/stdio
>
> The scripts to run the test are available at
> https://github.com/groeck/linux-build-test/tree/master/rootfs/ppc64
>
> Bisect points to commit f9aa67142ef26 ("powerpc/64s: Consolidate Alignment 0x600
> interrupt"). Bisect log is attached.
>
> Since I don't have the means to run the code on a real system, I have no idea
> if the problem is caused by qemu or by the code. It is interesting, though, that
> only the 'mac99' tests are affected.
>
> Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help tracking down the
> problem.

Thanks for this. That patch just moves a small amount of code, so it's likely
that it's caused something to get placed out of range of its caller, or the
linker started generating a stub for some reason. I can't immediately see the
problem, but it could be specific to your exact toolchain.

Something that might help, would you be able to put the compiled vmlinux binaries
from before/after the bad patch somewhere I can grab them?

Thanks,
Nick