Re: camera on n900, v4.8

From: Pali RohÃr
Date: Mon Oct 10 2016 - 04:49:26 EST

On Wednesday 05 October 2016 21:03:41 Pavel Machek wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Camera has some non-trivial dependencies on N900; it seems to rely on
> gpio-switch.c, for example. I'll try to strip the diff further, but in
> the meantime, here's the version I'm working with.
>
> Pavel

With "Camera" do you mean some Maemo userspace application? Because I
think that nobody else could depends on gpio-switch kernel driver.

Anyway, it should be easy to rewrite such gpio-switch application to use
either input kernel events (from /dev/input/something) or directly check
gpio state via /sys/class/gpio/.

IIRC Maemo's Camera needed gpio-switch for testing if back camera cover
is open or closed and for checking when camera push button pressed and
released.

--
Pali RohÃr
pali.rohar@xxxxxxxxx