Re: btrfs bio linked list corruption.

From: Chris Mason
Date: Tue Oct 11 2016 - 11:21:26 EST

On 10/11/2016 11:19 AM, Dave Jones wrote:
On Tue, Oct 11, 2016 at 04:11:39PM +0100, Al Viro wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 11, 2016 at 10:45:08AM -0400, Dave Jones wrote:
> > This is from Linus' current tree, with Al's iovec fixups on top.
>
> Those iovec fixups are in the current tree...

ah yeah, git quietly dropped my local copy when I rebased so I didn't notice.

> TBH, I don't see anything
> in splice-related stuff that could come anywhere near that (short of
> some general memory corruption having random effects of that sort).
>
> Could you try to bisect that sucker, or is it too hard to reproduce?

Only hit it the once overnight so far. Will see if I can find a better way to
reproduce today.

This call trace is reading metadata so we can finish the truncate. I'd say adding more memory pressure would make it happen more often.

I'll try to trigger.

-chris