[PATCH v4 0/3] Add support for led triggers on phy link state change
From: Zach Brown
Date: Tue Oct 11 2016 - 16:27:38 EST
Fix skge driver that declared enum contants that conflicted with enum
constants in linux/leds.h
Create function that encapsulates actions taken during the adjust phy link step
of phy state changes.
Add support for led triggers on phy link state changes by adding
a config option. When set the config option will create a set of led triggers
for each phy device. Users can use the led triggers to represent link state
changes on the phy.
* New patch that creates phy_adjust_link function to encapsulate actions taken
when adjusting phy link during phy state changes
* led trigger speed strings changed to match existing phy speed strings
* New function that maps speeds to led triggers
* Replace magic constants with definitions when declaring trigger name
buffer and number of triggers.
* Changed LED_ON to LED_REG_ON in skge driver to avoid possible future
conflict and improve consistency.
* Dropped rtl8712 patch that was accepted separately.
* tweaked commit message
Josh Cartwright (1):
net: phy: leds: add support for led triggers on phy link state change
Zach Brown (2):
skge: Rename LED_OFF and LED_ON in marvel skge driver to avoid
conflicts with leds namespace
net: phy: Encapsulate actions performed during link state changes into
drivers/net/ethernet/marvell/skge.c | 6 +-
drivers/net/ethernet/marvell/skge.h | 4 +-
drivers/net/phy/Kconfig | 13 +++-
drivers/net/phy/Makefile | 1 +
drivers/net/phy/phy.c | 22 ++++---
drivers/net/phy/phy_device.c | 4 ++
drivers/net/phy/phy_led_triggers.c | 121 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
include/linux/phy.h | 9 +++
include/linux/phy_led_triggers.h | 52 ++++++++++++++++
9 files changed, 218 insertions(+), 14 deletions(-)
create mode 100644 drivers/net/phy/phy_led_triggers.c
create mode 100644 include/linux/phy_led_triggers.h