Re: EXT: pre 4.9-rc dma regression, imx6 sound etc

From: Han, Nandor (GE Healthcare)
Date: Thu Oct 13 2016 - 03:18:10 EST

On 12/10/2016 16:25, Mika Penttilà wrote:
Hi!

Bisected that commit 5881826 - " dmaengine: imx-sdma - update the residue calculation for cyclic channels" is first bad commit to cause audio regression on imx6q, sgtl5000 codec. It causes audible disturbing background noise when playing wavs.

Unfortunately, reverting only 5881826 causes uarts to fail, so another fix is needed.

Thanks,

Mika

Hi Mika,
Thanks for info. I have already posted a patch that will fix this issue.

https://lkml.org/lkml/2016/10/11/319

It was already tested on imx6 and imx53. Let me know how it works.

--
Regards,
Nandor