[GIT PULL (updated)] overlayfs update for 4.9

From: Miklos Szeredi
Date: Fri Oct 14 2016 - 05:41:07 EST

Hi Linus,

Please pull updated branch from:

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mszeredi/vfs.git overlayfs-linus

Left out the mnt_want_write_file() and clone_file_range() patches altogether, so
this is now really overlayfs only. There's vfs_get_link() and that's
technically in the VFS but it's a new helper (and ecryptfs can use it too so no
point in making it private to overlayfs).

The merge contains a conflict against the xattr update from Andreas. The
resolution is to take my version as we now can and should do permission checks
on the underlying layers (with mounter's permission).

This update contains fixes to the "use mounter's permission to access underlying
layers" area, miscellaneous fixes and cleanups. No new features this time.

Thanks,
Miklos

---
Miklos Szeredi (6):
ovl: copy_up_xattr(): use strnlen
ovl: lookup: do getxattr with mounter's permission
ovl: explain error values when removing acl from workdir
ovl: use generic_readlink
vfs: add vfs_get_link() helper
ovl: use vfs_get_link()

Richard Weinberger (1):
ovl: Fix info leak in ovl_lookup_temp()

Vivek Goyal (1):
ovl: during copy up, switch to mounter's creds early

---
fs/overlayfs/dir.c | 5 +++-
fs/overlayfs/super.c | 33 ++++++++++++++++---------
include/linux/fs.h | 1 +