Re: please, where has xconfig KConf option documentation gone with linux 4.8's Qt5 / Qt4 xconfig ?

From: Jason Vas Dias
Date: Sat Oct 15 2016 - 07:10:07 EST

Aha, thanks! I never would have known this without being told -
there is no visible indication that the symbol info pane exists
at all until one tries to drag the lower right corner of the window
notth-eastwards - is this meant to be somehow an intuitive thing to
do these days to view more info ?

I did manage to view the option documentation with nconfig /
using emacs to view the KConf files (preferable).

Really, it would be nice if xconfig had some 'View' Menu & one could select
View -> Option Documentation or press <F1> over an option to view the
documentation for it , and if the geometry of the different panes was
correct at
startup .- the whole Option value pane initially appears on the far right hand
side, about 10 pixels wide , until resized ; and there really is no sign of the
documentation pane at all until lower right-hand corner dragged.

Also, in the Help -> Introduction panel, it says :
"Toggling Show Debug Info under the Options menu will show the
dependencies..."
but there is no "Show Debug Info" option on the Options menu - sounds like
it might be a useful feature - should I be seeing a "Show Debug Info" option ?
why don't I see one ? Maybe the Options menu might be a good place to put
an "Expand Option Documentation Pane" option ?

Thanks anyway for the info.

Regards,
Jason