Re: [RFC 1/8] mm: Define coherent device memory node

From: Anshuman Khandual
Date: Mon Oct 24 2016 - 21:22:36 EST

On 10/24/2016 10:39 PM, Dave Hansen wrote:
>> +#ifdef CONFIG_COHERENT_DEVICE
>> > +#define node_cdm(nid) (NODE_DATA(nid)->coherent_device)
>> > +#define set_cdm_isolation(nid) (node_cdm(nid) = 1)
>> > +#define clr_cdm_isolation(nid) (node_cdm(nid) = 0)
>> > +#define isolated_cdm_node(nid) (node_cdm(nid) == 1)
>> > +#else
>> > +#define set_cdm_isolation(nid) ()
>> > +#define clr_cdm_isolation(nid) ()
>> > +#define isolated_cdm_node(nid) (0)
>> > +#endif
> FWIW, I think adding all this "cdm" gunk in the names is probably a bad
> thing.
>
> I can think of other memory types that are coherent, but
> non-device-based that might want behavior like this.

Hmm, I was not aware about non-device-based coherent memory. Could you
please name some of them ? If thats the case we need to change CDM to
some thing which can accommodate both device and non device based
coherent memory. May be like "Differentiated/special coherent memory".
But it needs to communicate that its not system RAM. Thats the idea.