Re: linux-next: build warning in Linus' tree

From: Alexander Potapenko
Date: Thu Oct 27 2016 - 19:06:07 EST

On Thu, Oct 27, 2016 at 4:01 PM, Linus Torvalds
<torvalds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 27, 2016 at 3:48 PM, Linus Torvalds
> <torvalds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> I wonder if we should make KASAN depend on !COMPILE_TEST, because it
>> does seem to disable a lot of build-time testing.
>
> Actually, we should probably just make the MEMORY_HOTPLUG dependency be
>
> depends on COMPILE_TEST || !KASAN

Maybe we could just reverse the MEMORY_HOTPLUG->!KASAN dependency to
make it KASAN->!MEMORY_HOTPLUG?

Is it at all correct that allmodconfig enables KASAN? If/when we have
other compiler-based tools, which of them will allmodconfig pick?

--
Alexander Potapenko
Software Engineer

Google Germany GmbH
Erika-Mann-StraÃe, 33
80636 MÃnchen

GeschÃftsfÃhrer: Matthew Scott Sucherman, Paul Terence Manicle
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Hamburg