Re: [RFC 1/3] regulator: core: Add over current changed event

From: Mark Brown
Date: Fri Oct 28 2016 - 14:37:06 EST

On Wed, Oct 26, 2016 at 09:00:52PM +0200, ahaslam@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> From: Axel Haslam <ahaslam@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> Regulator consumers may be interested to know when the
> over current condition is over.
>
> Add an over currerent "changed" event. The registered useres
> for this event can then check the over current flag to know
> the status of the over current condition.

Would a more general event for error conditions work as well? Thinking
about this I'm unclear how interested consumers are going to be in the
specific error condition as opposed to the fact that the regulator ran
into trouble, and I can imagine that some regulators will report the
same root cause differently - another regulator might detect an
excessive current draw by seeing the output voltage collapse and the
regulator go out of regulation for example.