Re: redraw issues on i915 since 4.9-rc

From: Chris Wilson
Date: Sat Nov 05 2016 - 15:03:11 EST

On Sat, Nov 05, 2016 at 01:27:30PM +0900, Norbert Preining wrote:
> > It won't apply directly, but you could try testing that commit and its
> > parent to see if my hunch was correct.
>
> Unfortunately parent commit was also ok. I am trying to bisect, but
> somehow git tells me something about "...merge commit..." - will see
> how it goes.

Git should be fairly sensible and stick to the drm side of the merges
(just remember that the kernel version will jump around a lot, an issue
if your grub isn't setup to boot the last installed kernel as opposed to
the highest version). Since my guess was wrong, any clues you can find
to point me in the direction will be very useful.
-Chris