Re: linux-next: build failure after merge of the block tree

From: Jens Axboe
Date: Mon Nov 07 2016 - 22:38:52 EST

On 11/07/2016 08:21 PM, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
Hi Jens,

After merging the block tree, today's linux-next build (arm
multi_v7_defconfig) failed like this:

block/blk-flush.c: In function 'flush_data_end_io':
block/blk-flush.c:369:20: error: 'REQ_STARTED' undeclared (first use in this function)
rq->cmd_flags &= ~REQ_STARTED;
^

Caused by commit

e806402130c9 ("block: split out request-only flags into a new namespace")

interacting with commit

94d7dea448fa ("block: flush: fix IO hang in case of flood fua req")

from Linus' tree (v4.9-rc3).

I have applied the following merge fix patch for today (I don't know if
this is correct, but it does build):

It's correct, it needs to be applied if merging with master. It will
throw a real conflict as well, but this one tends to fly under the radar
since it merges cleanly.

I'll merge master into my for-next so you don't have to carry extra
patches for this.

--
Jens Axboe