Re: PM regression with LED changes in next-20161109

From: Hans de Goede
Date: Thu Nov 10 2016 - 03:35:01 EST

Hi,

On 09-11-16 20:23, Tony Lindgren wrote:
Hi,

Looks like commit 883d32ce3385 ("leds: core: Add support for poll()ing
the sysfs brightness attr for changes.") breaks runtime PM for me.

On my omap dm3730 based test system, idle power consumption is over 70
times higher now with this patch! It goes from about 6mW for the core
system to over 440mW during idle meaning there's some busy timer now
active.

Do you have any blinking LEDs or LED triggers defined on the system ?

Reverting this patch fixes the issue. Any ideas?

All I can think of is something calling led_set_brightness quite often,
the patch in question makes led_set_brightness somewhat more expensive,
but it should not cause such a big difference unless something is
really calling led_set_brightness quite often maybe something is calling
it with the same value all the time ?

Regards,

Hans