Re: [PATHCv10 1/2] usb: USB Type-C connector class

From: Heikki Krogerus
Date: Mon Nov 14 2016 - 09:39:21 EST

On Mon, Nov 14, 2016 at 03:11:23PM +0100, Greg KH wrote:

> > > You forgot to clean up your idr :(
> >
> > Sorry, what idr? The port ids get removed in typec_release().
>
> You have a static idr structure in the driver, right? You have to clean
> it up when your code is going away so that it will free any memory it
> had allocated with a call to idr_destroy() on module exit.

Ok.

Regarding the DEVICE_ATTR* macros. So I have attributes with same
names for different device types. I may be able to identify the device
types and deal with the correct attribute based on that, but for
example the attribute "active" with alternate modes is writable, but
with cables it's not. How do I handle those?

Thanks,

--
heikki