Re: Linux 4.9: Reported regressions as of Sunday, 2016-11-20

From: Adam Borowski
Date: Sun Nov 20 2016 - 14:37:25 EST

On Sun, Nov 20, 2016 at 04:09:51PM +0100, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> Hi! Here is my fourth regression report for Linux 4.9.

> == Current regressions ==
>
> Desc: builddeb: fix cross-building to arm64 producing host-arch debs
> Repo: 16-11-04 https://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-kbuild/msg13635.html
> Stat: 16-11-10 https://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-kbuild/msg13676.html
> Note: Looks stalled

There's a patch, acked by Riku Voipio, last version at
https://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-kbuild/msg13696.html
Michal: ping, does anything need to be done for merge?

> == Fixed since last report ==
>
> Desc: module loadling broken due to kbuild changes
> Repo: 16-10-15 http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/linux/kernel/2544734
> Stat: Fixes https://git.kernel.org/torvalds/c/4efca4ed05cbdfd13ec3e8cb623fb77d6e4ab187 https://git.kernel.org/torvalds/c/4efca4ed05cbdfd13ec3e8cb623fb77d6e4ab187

Not fixed yet, that pull merely allowed per-arch asm/asm-prototypes.h,
you need to actually provide those files on affected archs; patches for
x86 and arm exist.

--
A true bird-watcher waves his tail while doing so.