[PATCH v6 0/5] USB: ohci-da8xx: Add device tree support
From: Axel Haslam
Date: Mon Nov 21 2016 - 11:32:18 EST
When booting using device tree, we can not make use of
platform callbacks to handle vbus and over current gpios.
This series allows the ohci-da8xx driver to use a regulator
instead of the platform callbacks to control vbus and adds
the device tree bindings to be able to probe using DT.
Once all users of the platform callbacks will be converted to
use a regulator, we will be able to remove platform data completely.
Changes from v5->v6
* Fix regulator over current flag check (David)
* Spelling fixes and code cleanups (David)
* add Ack for device tree binding
Changes from v4->v5
* Append the Device tree patches to v4.
* Submit only the first part of the series (no dependencies).
this can be applied and merged through the usb tree.
Changes from v3->v4
* separate the series into smaller series for driver and arch/arm code,
to ease review and merging to different trees.
Changes form v2->v3
* drop patches that have been integrated to arch/arm
* drop regulator patches which will be integrated through regulator tree
* use of the accepted regulator API to get over current status
* better patch separation with the use of wrappers
Changes from v1->v2
* Rebased and added patch to make ohci a separate driver
* Use a regulator instead of handling Gpios (David Lechner)
* Add an over current mode to regulator framework
* Fixed regulator is able to register for and over current irq
* Added patch by Alexandre to remove build warnings
* Moved global variables into private hcd structure.
Axel Haslam (5):
USB: ohci: da8xx: use ohci priv data instead of globals
USB: ohci: da8xx: Add wrappers for platform callbacks
USB: ohci: da8xx: Allow a regulator to handle VBUS
USB: ohci: da8xx: Add devicetree bindings
USB: ohci: da8xx: Allow probing from DT
.../devicetree/bindings/usb/ohci-da8xx.txt | 23 ++
drivers/usb/host/ohci-da8xx.c | 291 +++++++++++++++++----
2 files changed, 264 insertions(+), 50 deletions(-)
create mode 100644 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/usb/ohci-da8xx.txt