[PATCH v5 0/3] tpm: securityfs support for TPM 2.0 firmware event log
From: Nayna Jain
Date: Wed Nov 23 2016 - 12:28:42 EST
The TPM device driver defines ascii and binary methods for
displaying the TPM 1.2 event log via securityfs files, which are
needed for validating a TPM quote. The device driver for TPM 2.0
does not have similar support for displaying the TPM 2.0
event log. This patch set adds the support for displaying
TPM 2.0 event log in binary format.
The parsing mechanism to display the TPM 2.0 event log in binary
format is implemented as defined in the TPM 2.0 TCG specification.
If the firmware event log support exists and is successfully read,
the securityfs file is created to provide the event log in binary
format for both the OF device tree and ACPI.
- Patch 1 moves the common TPM 1.2 and 2.0 event log initialization
functions to a new file named tpm_eventlog_init.c.
- Patch 2 adds the device tree bindings support for Physical TPM.
- Patch 3 adds the support for creating securityfs files and for
displaying the TPM 2.0 crypto agile event log in binary format.
With that, this patch set splits the event log functionality into
initialization functions, TPM 1.2 event log parsing and TPM 2.0 event
 TCG EFI Protocol Specification, Family "2.0" - Section 5 "Event
- Upstreamed cleanup and fixes as different patchset
- Rebased to the Jarkko's latest master branch (e5be084 tpm: vtpm_proxy:
Do not access host's event log)
- Patch "tpm: enhance read_log_of() to support Physical TPM event log
- New Patch.
- Patch "tpm: add securityfs support for TPM 2.0 firmware event log"
- Moved the changes in read_log_of() to a different patch
- TPM 2.0 event log data types are declared in tpm_eventlog.h, tpm2.h
- Included other feedbacks also from Jarkko on aligment and extra
- Includes feedbacks from Jarkko and Jason.
- Patch "tpm: define a generic open() method for ascii & bios
- Fix indentation issue.
- Patch "tpm: replace the dynamically allocated bios_dir as
struct dentry array".
- Continue to use bios_dir_count variable to use is_bad() checks and
to maintain correct order for securityfs_remove() during teardown.
- Reset chip->bios_dir_count in teardown() function.
- Patch "tpm: validate the eventlog access before tpm_bios_log_setup".
- Retain TPM2 check which was removed in previous patch.
- Add tpm_bios_log_setup failure handling.
- Remove use of private data from v3 version of patch. Add a
new member to struct tpm_chip to achieve the same purpose.
- Patch "tpm: redefine the read_log method to check for ACPI/OF
- Move replacement of CONFIG_TCG_IBMVTPM with CONFIG_OF to this
patch from patch 3.
- Replace -1 error code with -ENODEV.
- Patch "tpm: replace the of_find_node_by_name() with dev of_node
- Uses chip->dev.parent->of_node.
- Created separate patch for cleanup of pr_err messages.
- Patch "tpm: remove printk error messages".
- New Patch.
- Patch "tpm: add the securityfs file support for TPM 2.0 eventlog".
- Parses event digests using event alg_id rather than event log header
- Uses of_property_match_string to differentiate tpm/vtpm compatible
- Includes the review feedbacks as suggested by Jason.
- Split of patches into one patch per idea.
- Generic open() method for ascii/bios measurements.
- Replacement of of **bios_dir with *bios_dir.
- Verifying readlog() is successful before creating securityfs entries.
- Generic readlog() to check for ACPI/OF in sequence.
- read_log_of() method now uses of_node propertry rather than
- read_log differentiates vtpm/tpm using its compatible property.
- Cleans pr_err with dev_dbg.
- Commit msgs subject line prefixed with tpm.
- Fixes issues as given in feedback by Jason.
- Adds documentation for device tree.
Nayna Jain (3):
tpm: move event log init functions to tpm_eventlog_init.c
tpm: enhance read_log_of() to support Physical TPM event log
tpm: add securityfs support for TPM 2.0 firmware event log
drivers/char/tpm/Makefile | 2 +-
drivers/char/tpm/tpm2_eventlog.c | 214 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
drivers/char/tpm/tpm_eventlog.c | 165 +--------------------------
drivers/char/tpm/tpm_eventlog.h | 72 ++++++++++++
drivers/char/tpm/tpm_eventlog_init.c | 194 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
drivers/char/tpm/tpm_of.c | 27 ++++-
6 files changed, 508 insertions(+), 166 deletions(-)
create mode 100644 drivers/char/tpm/tpm2_eventlog.c
create mode 100644 drivers/char/tpm/tpm_eventlog_init.c