RE: [char-misc-next] mei: request async autosuspend at the end of enumeration

From: Winkler, Tomas
Date: Thu Nov 24 2016 - 17:37:34 EST

> On Thu, Nov 24, 2016 at 04:10:49PM +0000, Winkler, Tomas wrote:
>
> > > Cc: <stable@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> # 4.4+
> >
> > Looks like git send-email is not able to parse this address correctly
> > though this is suggested format by Documentation/stable_kernel_rules.txt.
> > Create wrong address If git parsers is used : 'stable@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx#4.4+'
> >
> > Something like s/#.*$// is needed before parsing Cc:
>
> This should be fixed by e3fdbcc8e (parse_mailboxes: accept extra text after
> <...> address, 2016-10-13), which will be released next week as part of v2.11. As
> a workaround, you can also install the Mail::Address perl module. See [1] for
> the gory details.

Thanks for update, I failed to understand from the thread though what decision was actually applied, I will look at the patch itself.
I've tried to install Mail::Address and it fixes the actual address, but it appends the # 4.4+ suffix into the name
as also mentioned in the thread, which doesn't fit the stable rules doc.

So far I've fixed the particular issue with the simple substitute above, till the real fix is released.

Maybe the stable kernel maintainers should also be pulled into the conversation.

Thanks
Tomas