Re: RFC: documentation of the autogroup feature

From: Mike Galbraith
Date: Sun Nov 27 2016 - 20:46:47 EST

On Sun, 2016-11-27 at 22:13 +0100, Michael Kerrisk (man-pages) wrote:

> Here's my attempt to define the root task group:
>
> * If autogrouping is disabled, then all processes in the root CPU
> cgroup form a scheduling group (sometimes called the "root task
> group").
>
> Can you improve on this?

A task group is a set of percpu runqueues. The root task group is the
top level set in a hierarchy of such sets when group scheduling is
enabled, or the only set when group scheduling is not enabled. The
autogroup hierarchy has a depth of one, ie all autogroups are peers
who's common parent is the root task group.

-Mike