Re: linux-next: manual merge of the net-next tree with the net tree

From: Borislav Petkov
Date: Tue Nov 29 2016 - 04:04:48 EST

On Tue, Nov 29, 2016 at 11:22:32AM +1100, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Today's linux-next merge of the net-next tree got a conflict in:
>
> drivers/net/ethernet/amd/xgbe/xgbe-main.c
>
> between commit:
>
> 91eefaabf102 ("amd-xgbe: Fix unused suspend handlers build warning")
>
> from the net tree and commit:
>
> bd8255d8ba35 ("amd-xgbe: Prepare for supporting PCI devices")
>
> from the net-next tree.
>
> I fixed it up (the latter removed the code modified by the former)

... except that +#ifdef CONFIG_PM is present in the new
drivers/net/ethernet/amd/xgbe/xgbe-platform.c now.

So actually the proper fix is, IMO, to convert:

+#ifdef CONFIG_PM
+static int xgbe_platform_suspend(struct device *dev)

+#ifdef CONFIG_PM_SLEEP
+static int xgbe_platform_suspend(struct device *dev)

so that it doesn't fire again.

David, would you prefer a patch against linux-next?

--
Regards/Gruss,
Boris.

SUSE Linux GmbH, GF: Felix ImendÃrffer, Jane Smithard, Graham Norton, HRB 21284 (AG NÃrnberg)