Omap3-isp isp_remove() access subdev.entity after media_device_cleanup()

From: Shuah Khan
Date: Fri Dec 09 2016 - 11:52:51 EST

Hi Sakari,

I am looking at omap3 isp_remove() closely and I think there are a few
issues there that could cause problems during unbind.

isp_remove() tries to do media_entity_cleanup() after it unregisters
media_device

isp_remove() calls isp_unregister_entities() followed by
isp_cleanup_modules() - cleanup routines call media_entity_cleanup()

media_entity_cleanup() accesses csi2a->subdev.entity which should be gone
by now after media_device_unregister(). This is just one example. I think
all of these cleanup routines isp_cleanup_modules() call access subdev.entity.

static void isp_cleanup_modules(struct isp_device *isp)
{
omap3isp_h3a_aewb_cleanup(isp);
omap3isp_h3a_af_cleanup(isp);
omap3isp_hist_cleanup(isp);
omap3isp_resizer_cleanup(isp);
omap3isp_preview_cleanup(isp);
omap3isp_ccdc_cleanup(isp);
omap3isp_ccp2_cleanup(isp);
omap3isp_csi2_cleanup(isp);
}

This is all done after media_device_cleanup() which does
ida_destroy(&mdev->entity_internal_idx); and mutex_destroy(&mdev->graph_mutex);

I think there are some paths during unbind - isp_remove() that are unsafe.
I am trying to build https://github.com/gumstix/linux/tree/master now and
if I can get it to boot - I can send you some logs.

thanks,
-- Shuah

--
Shuah Khan