Re: perf/jit doesn't cope well with mprotect() to jit containing pages

From: Andres Freund
Date: Mon Dec 12 2016 - 04:01:54 EST

On December 12, 2016 12:49:03 AM PST, Peter Zijlstra <peterz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>On Fri, Dec 09, 2016 at 09:02:18PM -0800, Andres Freund wrote:

>> Am I doing something wrong, or is there a bug here?
>
>Expected behaviour afaict

So I need to prevent vma merging to use perf jit support? That seems a bit weird. Possibly the inject --jit pass needs to do something about this? A hack might be to re-emit the fake mmap2 records after ones potentially overwriting previously emitted records. Don't know perf internals well enough to suggest something prettier.

Andres