Re: Scheduler patches: 6x performance increase when system is under heavy load

From: Alexandre-Xavier LabontÃ-Lamoureux
Date: Wed Dec 14 2016 - 00:15:32 EST

> Which of the 4 patches does this?

I used all the 4 patches at the same time. Each patch fixes a
different bug. Would you like me to try each of them individually?
Were you already aware of each of these bugs?

> Also, what hypervisor are you using and what does the output of booting
> with "sched_debug" look like?

I was running the distro in VirualBox on Fedora. Here's the info from
/proc/sched_debug:
https://justpaste.it/11dhb
dmesg: https://justpaste.it/11dhr

> Lastly, can you reproduce on real hardware?

No. On real hardware, I tested in Ubuntu on an i7-4790 3.60GHz CPU
without disabling HT and I saw no difference between CFS, the patched
kernel and MuQSS. If I get to know a reason why one would be better
than the other, I'd take the time to test it on more hardware. I'm
curious how I got such a performance improvement in my VM.