[PATCH] Docs: dt: Be explicit and consistent in reference to IOMMU specifiers
From: Stuart Yoder
Date: Thu Dec 15 2016 - 19:25:03 EST
The generic IOMMU binding says that the meaning of an 'IOMMU specifier'
is defined by the binding of a specific SMMU. The ARM SMMU binding
never explicitly uses the term 'specifier' at all. Update implicit
references to use the explicit term.
In the iommu-map binding change references to iommu-specifier to
"IOMMU specifier" so we are 100% consistent everywhere with terminology
Signed-off-by: Stuart Yoder <stuart.yoder@xxxxxxx>
Documentation/devicetree/bindings/iommu/arm,smmu.txt | 10 +++++-----
Documentation/devicetree/bindings/pci/pci-iommu.txt | 6 +++---
2 files changed, 8 insertions(+), 8 deletions(-)
diff --git a/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/iommu/arm,smmu.txt b/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/iommu/arm,smmu.txt
index e862d148..6cdf32d 100644
@@ -36,15 +36,15 @@ conditions.
combined interrupt, it must be listed multiple times.
- #iommu-cells : See Documentation/devicetree/bindings/iommu/iommu.txt
- for details. With a value of 1, each "iommus" entry
+ for details. With a value of 1, each IOMMU specifier
represents a distinct stream ID emitted by that device
into the relevant SMMU.
SMMUs with stream matching support and complex masters
- may use a value of 2, where the second cell represents
- an SMR mask to combine with the ID in the first cell.
- Care must be taken to ensure the set of matched IDs
- does not result in conflicts.
+ may use a value of 2, where the second cell of the
+ IOMMU specifier represents an SMR mask to combine with
+ the ID in the first cell. Care must be taken to ensure
+ the set of matched IDs does not result in conflicts.
** System MMU optional properties:
diff --git a/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/pci/pci-iommu.txt b/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/pci/pci-iommu.txt
index 56c8296..0def586 100644
@@ -32,17 +32,17 @@ PCI root complex
-- iommu-map: Maps a Requester ID to an IOMMU and associated iommu-specifier
+- iommu-map: Maps a Requester ID to an IOMMU and associated IOMMU specifier
The property is an arbitrary number of tuples of
Any RID r in the interval [rid-base, rid-base + length) is associated with
- the listed IOMMU, with the iommu-specifier (r - rid-base + iommu-base).
+ the listed IOMMU, with the IOMMU specifier (r - rid-base + iommu-base).
- iommu-map-mask: A mask to be applied to each Requester ID prior to being
- mapped to an iommu-specifier per the iommu-map property.
+ mapped to an IOMMU specifier per the iommu-map property.