Re: [REGRESSION] Two issues that prevent process accounting (taskstats) from working correctly

From: Martin Steigerwald
Date: Mon Dec 19 2016 - 08:56:29 EST

Am Montag, 19. Dezember 2016, 14:19:11 CET schrieb Peter Zijlstra:
> On Mon, Dec 19, 2016 at 01:06:00PM +0100, Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> > ïHello Ingo, Peter, Nicolas, Andrew, Balbir, Shailabh, Jay, Gerlof and
> > Marc,
> >
> > starting from a Debian bug report of mine, Gerlof Langeveld, developer of
> > system and process monitor atopÂ, found two issues with process
> > accounting.
>
> While $subject says regression the rest of the email completely fails to
> mentions if this ever worked, and if so, against what version.

Sorry for not mentioning it here. With kernel 3.16 process accounting worked
nicely. We do not have any data on the exact kernel version where it started
to fail. I do see these issues since quite a while, but I was never sure
whether it was an issue in atop or the kernel and I do not recall on what
exact combination of atop + kernel version it failed to work.

As an additional notice: The mail addresses of Balbir and Shailabh which I got
from source code annotations of taskstats.c and getdelays.c do not work
anymore.

--
Martin