Re: task isolation discussion at Linux Plumbers

From: Paul E. McKenney
Date: Mon Dec 19 2016 - 09:41:22 EST

On Sat, Nov 05, 2016 at 12:04:45AM -0400, Chris Metcalf wrote:
> A bunch of people got together this week at the Linux Plumbers
> Conference to discuss nohz_full, task isolation, and related stuff.
> (Thanks to Thomas for getting everyone gathered at one place and time!)

Which reminds me...

One spirited side discussion at Santa Fe involved RCU's rcu_node tree
and CPU numbering. Several people insisted that RCU should remap CPU
numbers to allow for interesting CPU-numbering schemes. I resisted
this added complexity rather strenuously, but eventually said that I
would consider adding such complexity if someone provided me with valid
system-level performance data showing a need for this sort of remapping.

I haven't heard anything since, so I figured that I should follow up.
How are things going collecting this data?

Thanx, Paul